Marketing and Communications Manager
The South Kilburn Trust is a registered charity and social enterprise working with residents, groups, businesses and organisations to support lasting and positive change in South Kilburn. Only 10 minutes on the train from Euston and underground from Paddington, the area is part-way through a major regeneration programme.
In collaboration with Brent Council, the Trust has taken over the management of a large local landmark building, The Granville. Historically used for many public-focused purposes, Brent Council and the Trust successfully won £750,000 of funding from the Greater London Authority (GLA) to refurbish the building into a new Community and Enterprise Hub for the next 5 years – with plans for a permanent hub in development. Opening in May 2018, we have created an exciting, thriving hub for both business and community, building on the character and the history of the building.
A key to the success of the new hub is driving visitors and customers to the Hub, both in terms of paying customers, for workspace, venue hire and related paid-for services, and the local community, both to socialise and attend events, but also as workspace and venue hire customers. This approach is a significant change to our former communications activity which focused principally on sharing information on our charitable activities.
- Post: Marketing and Communications Manager
- Reports to: Director of Operations
- Salary: Up to £38,000 per annum
- Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9.30am-5pm, flexible working, and requirement to support the work of the Trust outside these hours for planned events.
- Contract: 18 months (potential to extend)
- Pension: 5% employer contribution / 3% minimum employee contribution
- Annual Leave: 25 days per annum plus bank holidays
The Granville opened in May 2018. The Trust needs a creative and dynamic Marketing and Communications Manager who will play a key role in ensuring the success of this ambitious initiative. The post-holder will work focus primarily on the delivery of The Granville’s marketing and communications plan, related in the main to driving customers to The Granville. Success in this role will be measured by the uptake of the Trust’s income generating services as relate directly to our marketing and communications activities.
- Develop multi-faceted creative campaigns that drive the uptake of the Trust’s income generating services, such as rental of workspace, venue hire at The Granville, and other related services.
- Raise the profile of The Granville, and the South Kilburn Trust as the driving force behind The Granville, which ultimately attracts customers and visitors to The Granville.
- Deliver key events which raise our profile and lead to people taking up one of our income generating offers.
- Subject to the development of this idea, play a key role in developing and rolling out The Granville Membership scheme (or related scheme).
- Lead engaging and effective social media campaigns that drive people to The Granville and take up the services on offer.
- Develop relationships with relevant stakeholders, ensuring The Granville is accessible to the diverse population of South Kilburn.
- Support the promotion of the Trust’s charitable services, events and activities as directed by the Director of Operations.
- Conduct research and surveys to give insight into our target audiences.
- Ensure the websites are up to date, technologically modern, creative, user friendly, and continually improve, using analytics to assess the website’s effectiveness
- Review marketing and communication approached, analyse data to develop insight for improvements. Reporting on a monthly basis as directed.
- Alongside Director of Operations, manage the Trust’s marketing and communications budget.
- Act as an ambassador of The Granville and the Trust to external and internal audiences.
- Effectively manage contractors to ensure best value for money and on time delivery.
- Manage The Granville and the Trust’s contact database.
- Attend appropriate management and related meetings and events as directed.
- Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the role that may be necessary to meet business needs. This may include occasionally undertaking additional hours from time to time, including attending evening and weekend meetings/events.
- Understand, believe in, and uphold the values of the Trust
- Significant experience in a similar role with relatable requirements.
- Marketing related experience in launching and promoting new products and/or services.
- Demonstrable track record of creating campaigns that are directly attributed to improving revenue streams.
- Experience in creating and developing membership schemes.
- Experience in delivering key landmark events.
- Creative and dynamic, comfortable developing and proposing new approaches in line with business needs.
- Analytical and meticulous, able to collate and analyse data that gives insight and scope for improvements.
- Work with foresight to anticipate marketing needs and opportunities. Able to forward plan effectively.
- Comfortable working under pressure, at times, with conflicting deadlines and able deliver work on time.
- Well versed in project management approaches, takes a structured and methodical approach to planning and delivering work.
- Flexible and adaptive, able to embrace change.
- Strong networker, able to build relationships with diverse groups and see opportunities for beneficial partnerships.
- Personable, professional and confident, particularly when public-facing.
- Must be able to work both independently with little direction (particularly around generating and implementing ideas) and as part of a small team.
- Enthusiasm for the ambitions and activities undertaken by the Trust.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send the following:-
- Up-to-date CV
- Supporting statement, clearly stating why you are interested in this role and how you meet the Person Specification (no more than 2 sides of A4).
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (click here to download). This will be separated prior to your application being passed to the shortlisting/interview panel.
Please send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 31 December 2018.
First stage interviews will be held on Thursday 10th
January 2019. We may hold second stage interviews.